What I'm cooking and eating

21 July 2011

Stuffed peppers

So easy it couldn't be easier!

1 packet risotto mix (I used Ainsley Harriott Asparagus & Leek as they were on special offer in Lidl a few weeks ago, and I always like Ainsley Harriott products as they are less salty than many/most prepared foods)
2-3 sweet peppers.
A little Parmesan cheese, shaved.

Prepare the risotto mixture as directed on the packet. Or you could make double quantities of risotto when you are making it and keep some specially.

Cut the top off the peppers and remove the insides. Put the risotto inside the peppers - if you have 3 peppers and only 2 of you, cut the smallest pepper in half lengthwise. Top with shaved parmesan, and put the "lids" of the peppers back on. Bake in a moderately hot oven for about an hour.

I served this with baked butternut squash, which I topped with rashers of bacon for the last 15 minutes of cooking time.

No comments:

Post a Comment